Pages

May 29, 2013

Update: Ikea Rast Hack

Wanted to stop by again today and give an update on my Ikea Rast Hack. When I first posted it, I still had one more step to finish: installing the DeeDee O'verlays. I am so delighted with the way the dresser turned out in the end. The Rast works great as a bedside table because it provides ample space to house books, magazines, and any other pillow time necessities!

Here is the finished product:



I posted about the process here. For the DeeDee O'verlays, I primed them first as I wanted the spray paint to really stick (I used Rustoleum primer in White and paint in Winter Gray). I let them dry for at least an hour in between each coat and I applied them with Liquid Nails. I tried using Gorilla Glue initially and it did not work. After applying the Liquid Nails, I let them sit for a looong time. Like hours and hours. The brass pulls from Lee Valley Hardware were a cinch to install.

Like I said, I am so pleased with the finished product! The Rast was very easy to work with as it did not require any sanding initially. If you have a hankering to DIY an Ikea Rast I encourage you to do so!

(The lamp is from Home Goods, I love it so)

5 comments:

  1. OMG! That looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so good!! You seriously did such a great job with the details

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm a new follower of your blog...I follow your sister's blog and I saw the amazing dresser you did on there, which lead me here! I love love love what you did with the dresser! I've been wanting to do an ikea hack but I'm not super crafty or DIY so I've been a little intimidated but I think you've given me some confidence to do it!!

    When you have a chance, stop by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that dresser is amazing! You did a fantastic job :) I just found your sister's blog and then found your's through her last post.

    ReplyDelete